NEW YORK, USA – 26 Oct, 2017 – We Care for Humanity (WCH) convoked the much anticipated 5th Annual Global Official Dignitary Awards (G.O.D.) along with the 4th Annual WCH Humanitarian Summit last October 20-21, 2017 at the three landmarks of New York: the historical United Nations, the UN Millennium and the Marriott.
Throughout Humanitarian Summit 7 topics under the theme “Sustainable Humanitarianism Towards United Nations 2030 Agenda” was highlighted with a mission of improving international responsibility and unity for each sector.
The seven topics included: Human Rights, Eradication of Poverty, Women Empowerment, Education, Health, Peace, Green Environment
According to the WCH founder, HRH Princess Maria Amor, “A perspective is stunted and skewed by a group that stems from one culture, one race or one gender. When people are brought together to solve problems in diverse groups, they bring different information, opinions, and perspectives. Simply put, in the presence of diversity we are more diligent and open-minded.”
The philosophy of Humanitarianism failing without diversity was a key theme during the ceremonies and highlighted by His Excellency President Vincente Fox 55th President of Mexico, during his closing remarks at the United Nations.
“Uncertainty is only met with values, the human values we share with this community and the whole of the world community. Their values are not only shared by Princess Maria but it is her commitment and our commitment that these universal values prevail. There are many religions in this world but there is one single common denominator which is compassion, which is love for one another, which is brotherhood and which is building together this home.”
Speaker, Prof. Arben Sulejamani said, “I am Happy that I could shed light on the topic of Peace and Humanitarianism at the United Nations and talk about my country, Albania, the Land of Religious Harmony and a national example for the rest of the world.
The two-day celebration was facilitated by talented Master of Ceremonies; Actors-Jessie Miranda and Tony Taylor and Beauty Queen-Tia Lenae McDonald.
Performances were diverse with an enchanting set by Frank A. Haye and The Brooklyn Interdenominational Choir, a solo Opera performance by Rachel Hippert and a native dance by Kinding Sindaw.
Sponsors included: Lycamobile, Gnanam Foundation, Mana TV and TV5, Sant Nirankari Mission, African Women Solidarity for Development, USA, China U.S. Business Association, Ladies of Rizal, Royal House of Baloi, CEO Club Network, Dubai, Unijay Limited and The Traveling Princess.
This leads to the second WCH’s hallmark event of the year: The Global Official Dignitary Awards at the UN Millennium. The Proceeding commenced By Princess Maria Amor underscored the significance of the award ceremony:
“The goal of the Global Official Dignitary awards is not just to glorify but to multiply! To flood the humanitarian world, before climate change does. To spark international agents of change for harmonious action with a collective of wisdom. Thank you all for coming and let us not forget the importance of impactful sustainability as we are collected here today”
Honorees this year included:
- H.E. VICENTE FOX, 55th President of Mexico–DIGNITARY MAN OF LATIN AMERICA
- H.H. BABA HARDEV SINGH JI, 4th Satguru, Sant Nirankari Mission, India–SUPREME SPIRITUAL ICON OF THE YEAR
- H.H. HAJJI DEDEBABA EDMOND BRAHIMAJ, World Leader, Bektashi Community, Albania–GLOBAL PEACE ICON
- H.M. DR. DE GBEZE G. AYONTINME TOFA IX, King of Porto Novo Benin–ROYAL MEN OF WEST AFRICA
- H.M. DEDJANLANGNI AGOLI- AGBO, King of the Danxomè Republic of Benin–ROYAL MEN OF WEST AFRICA
- H.M. TOSSOU SOZEGNIN KINIGBE MINANWANKONOU, King of Royalty Alamos, Benin–ROYAL MEN OF WEST AFRICA
- H.E. PONNALA LAKSHMAIAH, Former TPCC President, and Former Minister, India–DIGNITARY MAN OF ASIA
- THOMAS WILLIAM, Founder, Perfect Industries, UAE–MIDDLE-EAST BUSINESS & PHILANTHROPY AWARD
- PREMA SUBASKARAN, Co-Founder, Gnanam Foundation, UK–DISTINGUISHED WOMAN OF THE YEAR
- DR. SUSAN MUSYOKA, Member of Parliament, Machakos County, Kenya–GRASSROOTS LEADERSHIP OF AFRICA AWARD
- ABDULGANI MACATOMAN, Assistant Secretary Department of Trade & Industry, Philippines–ASIAN HUMANITARIAN BUSINESSMAN OF THE YEAR
- H.E. KENNEDY OHENE AGYAPONG, Member of Parliament, Ghana–LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT ON PHILANTHROPY & PUBLIC SERVICE
- HON. RONALD M. COSALAN, Congressman Benguet, Lone District, Philippines–ASIA’S CHAMPION FOR INDIGENOUS PEOPLE
- JANET ABOBIGU, Founder, Uni-Jay Company Limited, Ghana–WOMEN EMPOWERMENT ICON AWARD
- DR. SAMUEL AMO TOBBIN, Exec. Chairman, Tobinco Group of Companies, Ghana–HUMANITARIAN ICON OF AFRICA
- MR. NABIL KARAM, President, Municipality of Rabieh, Lebanon–2017 HUMANITARIAN SPORTS ICON
- DR. OSEI KWAME, CEO of Despite Group of Companies, Ghana–2017 MEN OF GHANA
- DR. ERNEST OFORI SARPONG, CEO of Special Ice Ltd., Ghana–2017 MEN OF GHANA
As a surprise, Compassionate Hands Foundation in collaboration with China-US Business Association and We Care for Humanity, donated 10,000 USD to President Vincente Fox and the former first lady Marta Sahagun de Fox foundation Centro Fox to help the recent earthquake victims in Mexico.
Honoree Samuel Amo Tobbin thru his representative sister, Ms. Mary Tobbin, also demonstrated compassion that evening and donated 10,000 USD to We Care for Humanity to fund its “Water for Humanity” project in Kenya.
Along with astonishments, New York Senator, Honorable Kevin S. Parker awarded all honorees with Proclamations while Co-Chair H.E. Kalonzo Musyoka and H.E. Rosalia Arteaga issued Certificates of Recognition.
The Humanitarian Gala convened at the Marriot Hotel. Although everyone was dressed to impressed it was not forgotten that humanity is bestowed with the instruments, store, and intellect that has prospered great civilizations, forged innovations and cultured art since history began. Those qualities that have burgeoned an era where we now live in a global community, but as easily as technology has united us, we are sobered in the wake of revolution and change.
In the midst of terrorism, poverty and social inequality the most profound hallmark; helping each other in times of both tranquility and calamity.
It is apparent We Care for Humanity will continue to assemble some of the most brilliant, amicable people of this world to serve as a think tank to strive together to help each other and to protect Earth for future generations.
The G.O.D. Awards is expected to hold regional awards in Asia, Africa, Middle-East, Latin America and Europe in 2018.
For Videos and Photos, please go to WWW.GODWARDS.COM
Company Name: We Care for Humanity
Contact Person: WCH Secretariat
Country: United States