The Moroccan Association of Ibn Battuta and the University of New England have signed a partnership agreement to present an international meeting platform for students, young people, researchers, travelers, artists, peace builders and volunteers of all background as a part of The Second Edition of the International Festival from 9 to 12 November 2017 in Tangier City.
One of the objectives of this partnership agreement is the youth conference at the University of New England in Tangier on 11 November 2017 from 10h00 to 12h30 under the title “International volunteering for peacebuilding, promoting tolerance and universal values”, featuring two workshops from 14H30 to 16h00 under title:
• How to find a volunteer project abroad and to be prepared for?
• How can you become a peace builder through international volunteering?
“We invited academic professors, international volunteering experts, social entrepreneurs, founders of peace NGOs to speak at the conference and share their inspiring international experiences with the audience,” says Mr. Mohamed Dekkak, Honorary President of Ibn Battuta Association.
The speakers are:
• Yassine Maghnouj, President of Startup Altitude.
• Kaoutar Abbahaddou, Founder of techmagine.
• Olga Lobanova, International volunteering Expert.
• Pr. Abderrahim Agnaou, Al Akhawayn University
• Mr. Omar Laafoura, President of CorpsAfrica
• Pr. Mary Grace Neville, Ph.D. in organizational behavior Case Western Reserve University
• Pr. Vesna Dragojlov, At Al Akhawayn University
Akram Cheggari, the moderator of this conference will encourage young people to discover the benefits of international volunteering.
The International Festival of Ibn Battuta is an opportunity to discover different cultures and interact with volunteering professionals, this is the first Moroccan Festival to be organized by a group of volunteers from all over the world in order to promote the universal values of peace and tolerance.