The Global Power Plant Boiler Market is expected to reach USD 28.0 billion by 2025, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc. Rising demand for electricity is expected to propel the sector growth. The global population is increasing at a robust pace and likely to reach 2.2 billion by 2050. Moreover, the increase in population has led to rapid urbanization, especially in the developing countries. As per the United Nations World Urbanization Prospects, it is estimated that the urban population, which was 30% of the global population in 1950, is projected to reach 66% by 2050.
The growing urbanization has led to a rise in power consumption. To cope up with the rising power demand, governments across the world are on the lookout for various alternatives to boost power generation capacity. For instance, the government of India is offering power generation subsidiaries to operators to generate power through biogas. The government offers nearly USD 30 thousand per MW. The subsidy is valid only for the boiler manufacturers and steam turbine producers. Such initiatives are likely to produce modest demand for boilers over the forecast period.
Netherlands-based BDR Thermea acquired ECR International in 2016 to expand the company’s existing product portfolio in the North America market via the latter’s distribution network. Key vendors analyzedin the report are Babcock & Wilcox Enterprises; Dongfang Electric Corporation (DEC); Siemens AG; Mitsubishi Heavy Industries, Ltd.; and General Electric (GE). Mergers and acquisitions continue to form an integral part of the market growth.
Full Research Report on Global Power Plant Boiler Market Analysis:
U.S. power plant boiler market revenue, by fuel type, 2014 – 2025 (USD Billion)
Further key findings from the report suggest:
- The global demand for power plant boiler market was USD 19.8 billion in 2016 and likely to reach USD 28.0 billion by 2025, at a predicted CAGR of 3.9% from 2017 to 2025
- Subcritical technology was the largest segment in the market, accounting for over 73% of the total revenue in 2016
- Pulverized fuel combustion was the largest process segment, in terms of revenue, in 2016. The segment is likely to be valued at USD 15 billion by 2025, indicating a CAGR of 3.9%.
- In terms of revenue, APAC is expected to be the largest regional market at a projected CAGR of 4.7% over the forecast period
- The industry is dominated by a few multinational corporations such Babcock & Wilcox Enterprises; Dongfang Electric Corporation (DEC); Siemens AG; Mitsubishi Heavy Industries Ltd., and General Electric (GE)
View more reports of this category by Grand View Research at: http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry/power-generation-and-storage
Global power plant boiler market, by region, 2016 (%)
Grand View Research has segmented the Global Power Plant Boiler Market by process, technology, fuel type, and region:
Process Outlook (Revenue, USD Million; 2014 – 2025)
- Pulverized fuel combustion
- Fluidized bed combustion
Technology Outlook (Revenue, USD Million; 2014 – 2025)
Fuel type Outlook (Revenue, USD Million; 2014 – 2025)
- Natural gas
Regional Outlook (Revenue, USD Million; 2014 – 2025)
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Middle East & Africa
- Saudi Arabia
View press release of this research report by Grand View Research:
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research, Inc. is a U.S. based market research and consulting company, registered in the State of California and headquartered in San Francisco. The company provides syndicated research reports, customized research reports, and consulting services. To help clients make informed business decisions, we offer market intelligence studies ensuring relevant and fact-based research across a range of industries, from technology to chemicals, materials and healthcare.
For more information: www.grandviewresearch.com
Company Name: Grand View Research, Inc.
Contact Person: Sherry James, Corporate Sales Specialist – U.S.A.
Email: Send Email
Phone: 1-415-349-0058, Toll Free: 1-888-202-9519
Address:28 2nd Street, Suite 3036
City: San Francisco
Country: United States